Wednesday, November 19, 2014

THE ESPLANADE


They tell you there is no sign of hope
You tell me there is no sign of hope

Tomorrow there'll be no gravity for me

I want to tie you down with rope
I want to tie you to this tree



The esplanade's so majestic that into majesty I glide
And find my reveries there for you to guide


Rest your weight upon my arm I beg do take my hand
To visit and our visions light and time do bend
Thus no light we perceive at tunnel’s end


On the esplanade our vision’s so splendidly grand
Majesty before not at tunnel’s end
This reality ours to defend

Name it not it has no need of name
Too few others understand the same

The light's before not at tunnel’s end






The photograph illustrating this work is an image by the artist David F. Brandon also called “ESPLANADE” © David F. Brandon, 2014.